This policy explains how Branduo (Pty) Ltd (“Branduo”) obtains, uses and discloses your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”) 4 of 2013.
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy in line with POPIA and therefore will ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
For the purpose of this policy “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in Section 1 of POPIA.
- The information we collect
- We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements, and delivering services and products accordingly. For this purpose, we will collect contact details including your name, contact details and organisation information.
- We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
- You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
- We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our website http://www.branduo.co, and other sites we own and operate. This may include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. This allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
- Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
- This information is used to help improve the website, analyse trends and administer the website.
- How we use your information
- We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you.
- We will only retain personal information where necessary to provide you with your requested service or long enough as is prescribed by law.
- We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by POPIA.
- We may also disclose your information where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes and/or where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
- Information Security
- We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
- Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
- When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
- We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
- Your Rights: Access to information
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses as provided on our website and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
- You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
- How to contact us
- If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website.
This policy is effective as of 1 July 2021.